Tuesday 23 December 2014

God in my busyness

Life is so busy for many people at this time of the year but at the same time can be quite lonely. It feels like we are in a mad rush trying to pack in as much we can before the end of the year and for what reason? Does it really make our Christmas break any better and are we busy with the right things?
I am constantly challenged about taking time to talk with God and in the busyness of the season, it seems to require more effort than normal . Often the easiest opportunities to pray, are when I'm driving somewhere or biking to work. These are times when there are fewer distractions.
The song by Tim Hughes “Be my everything” captures the essence of the part God can play in our lives and has been a great inspiration for me.                                                                                            “God in my laughing, There in my weeping,                                                                                                        God in my hurting, God in my healing....                                                                                                              Be my everything, Be my everything ” 
The words of this song read like a prayer and reminds me of how God is a part of every aspect of our lives.
James 1:17 is the inspiration for the song and reads “every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shaddows” This reminds me of the gift that He gave for each one of us, in the form of His son, Jesus Christ, beginning with His birth then ending with His death to bring us life.
So why don't you unwrap the ultimate gift of Christ this Christmas, who you can experience not only in the festive season but throughout the year. Don't wait for things to settle down to talk to God, when you can talk to Him right now. He is with you in your busyness, your loneliness, your happiness.
Don McLean
Assembly of God

No comments:

Post a Comment